Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sick of being Sick


Our family has been sick for the past week, and I'm sick of it. It started with Macy having a runny nose, then a cough, and then coughing until she threw up, and a fever of 103.3. I took her to the doctor and they thought she had RSV so they did a test and a chest x-ray. Those came back negative so they diagnosed her with Bronchitis. They perscribed a steroid and antibiotic for her, bu she couln't keep it down, so the next day I took her back to the doctor and they gave her a couple shots. I wish they would have done that in the first place. Anyway's she's on the mend now, and Payte and I are sick. 'Tis the season I guess. Life could be alot worse.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a sad picture. Poor Macy! Oh I can't get over those eyes, makes you just want to pick her up and hold her! I'm so sorry. Having a sick baby is the worst, if you're sick on top of that... EVEN worse. I hope you guys are getting better now...

Unknown said...

Poor baby! She looks so sad. Still so cute even when she's sick.

Leslie said...

Let's see, I feed Evie or have fed her the following: banana-peach-pear-apple-apricot chunks, cooked peas, mashed broccoli, bread squares, avocado chunks, yogurt, graham crackers, lots of those fruit puffs, oatmeal, cooked carrots, mashed pasta, halved blueberries, mashed potatoes chunks. I don't know, really i've been branching out a lot trying to add variety. So like whatever I'm having for breakfast, lunch or dinner, I try to give her a little bit. See, Evie still doesn't have any teeth. So I have to be a little bit more careful of what I feed her. Do you have one of those baby food mashers? The plastic cylindrical food grinders? They work so great. If something is too hard or big, I just stick it in there and mash it up. Evie will eat that kind of baby food because it tastes fresher i think. I don't know, Just start trying to give her little bits of foods to see what she likes. Evie LOVES blueberries & bread, but Macy may not. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Jessica said...

This pic makes me feel like crying! She looks so sad! Good thing she has a loving mommy to take care of her.

The Parkers said...

That picture gets me everytime...poor girl!