Thursday, January 8, 2009

I love you Betty Crocker!

As sort of a New Year's resolution, I am trying to be better about keeping a budget. I have definately found that food costs our family way too much money each month, so I am trying to find affordable, yet tasty meals. Luckily I ran in to bettycrocker.com. They had 5 meals all planned out that cost less than $50. Many of the items are already in my pantry, so it ends of being even less. The recipes look simple and yummy so I am excited to try them out next week. It even has a grocery list completely organized and ready for you to use. I printed the recipes and the grocer list out and put them on my fridge. My husbad took a look at them and got pretty excited, so that might be a nice way to get him home in time for a warm dinner! I will let you know how it goes! Here are some pictures of a few of the yummy looking meals.

1 comments:

jess said...

looks yummy... what time is dinner?? :0)
do you remember the when we used to feed 6 people on 40 dollars a week in college?? oohh and the yummy food we ate.
yippee for multicultural week.