Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Recipe

I absolutely love finding new recipes to try. I guess you could call my looking for recipes a hobby. The internet is the best place to find great new things and it's free! My favorite site is kraftfoods.com, and I tried a new chicken recipe that the whole family absolutely loved! It's also fairly healthy. Only 340 calories per serving. So here it is:


What You Need:

2 tsp. oil
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained (I used italian style)
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing (I used fat free, and it still tasted great)
3 Tbsp. tomato paste (if you can, buy this in a tube and keep it in the fridge)
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 cup KRAFT Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
2 slices OSCAR MAYER Fully Cooked Bacon, crumbled

Make It:


HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, dressing and tomato paste.
ADD chicken; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through.


(at this point I (Sherie) transferred the meal to a baking dish and then added the cheese and bacon. I baked at 475 for about 10 minutes or until it's bubbly and brown) or you can do the following:


SPRINKLE with cheese and bacon; simmer, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that site too. You should sign up for their magazines if you haven't already, I LOVE them!

Leslie said...

Ohhh, definitely sign up for their magazine. It is one of my favorite to get in the mail. Have you ever checked out Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine. Talk about easy meals that are cheap. They always have a section with a grocery list for a week long food menu. I love collecting new recipes! Cooking dinner is my favorite part of the day, kind of dorky I know.